Social media platforms are another way for us to share information and engage with our community. We monitor our social media accounts during business hours 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays. If your matter is urgent or confidential, please submit your request through Service Tracker.
Stay connected with us. Follow our social media sites:
- Municipal District of Taber Facebook Page @MDofTaber
- Municipal District of Taber Regional Fire Services Facebook Page @MDTRegionalFireServices
- Municipal District of Taber Regional CPO Program Facebook Page @MDTRegionalCSO
- Municipal District of Taber Twitter @MDofTaber
- Municipal District of Taber YouTube @MD_Taber
Subscribe to receive SCAR Notifications or the weekly SCAR e-newsletter by e-mail.
In order to create safe, fair and open online spaces, we have established guidelines for those who wish to engage on our social media channels. We ask that all users of our social media platforms be:
- Respectful. Please keep an open mind and be polite when interacting with other users;
- Inclusive. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to participate; and,
- Relevant. We encourage focused, thoughtful comments and discussion, which respond to or relate to a particular topic, initiative or event.
Although we work hard to help you, we cannot guarantee that we will understand your question completely or be able to provide an answer or resolution. By contacting us through social media, you acknowledge and agree that any response we provide you through the same site is:
- intended to provide helpful information or resources; and,
- not considered definitive advice or guaranteed to solve your issue.
While we do our best, depending on the volume of posts received, we cannot guarantee we will be able to respond to everyone.
Comments or content shared on official MD of Taber social media platforms by third parties such as members of the community or partner organizations does not necessarily represent the views of the MD of Taber.
We reserve the right to take the following actions without notice:
- hide or delete any material or comments;
- use and/or share any post or content along with the name and/or username of the person who made the post.
If you choose to comment on an MD of Taber social media platform, please keep in mind that it must not:
- be stolen content or content that you do not have the right to post;
- violate any law, rule or regulation or any third-party right, promote illegal activity or conduct that would contravene any law, rule or regulation or third-party right;
- be abusive, hateful, homophobic, discriminatory, malicious, aggressive, threatening, violent, sexist, harassing, inflammatory, indecent, tortious, defamatory, knowingly false, misleading, deceptive, vulgar, obscene, offensive, scandalous, sexually explicit, and/or profane;
- incite hatred, racism, bigotry, discrimination or physical harm of any kind against any individual or class of individuals based on a protected ground in the Alberta Human Rights Act; or,
- be unsolicited or unauthorized, such as unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid scheme," or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise).
The Municipal District of Taber's social media platforms are not intended to be official records of public opinion on topics that are reviewed by Council. Interested parties are encouraged to participate in council meetings for this purpose.
The Municipal District of Taber's social media channels are also not intended to promote specific businesses or organizations unless they are deemed a significant or unique benefit for economic development or tourism.
Personal information is defined as:
- any information that may be used to positively identify an individual – including full name, email address or other details
- any recorded information about an identifiable individual
The collection and use of personal or identifying information by the MD of Taber on social media is governed by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP). The MD will not collect, record or share personal information not permitted by this legislation.
The MD of Taber will use only social media channels that have privacy policies/regulations which comply with FOIP requirements.