Agricultural Services provides workshops and demonstration sites, along with available educational material to all ratepayers on a wide variety of interests within the agriculture industry. Agricultural Services is also involved with some long-term studies and projects that will assist producers in better managing our scarce resources.
- Bio Weed Control Plots
- Ground Water Study
- Organic Matter Study
- Tree Demo Nursery
- Weather Stations
2023 Farmer pesticide course
This course is mandatory for farmers who wish to use restricted pesticides such as Thimet for potato production or Phostoxin for grain bin fumigation. Useful for environmental farm planning, and for HACCP, Canada GAP compliance.
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023 – Core, Grain Bin Fumigation, Richardson Ground Squirrel
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023 – Core, Grain Bin Fumigation, Richardson Ground Squirrel
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 – Recertify only for all three classes
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023 – Core, Grain Bin Fumigation, Richardson Ground Squirrel
Course times are scheduled to start at 8:30 am and are expected to run until mid to late afternoon.
To qualify, you:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must prepay a $40.00 registration fee prior to the course date. Fees include the course manual.
Courses will be held at the MD of Taber's main operations and maintenance facility located at 171027 AB-3, Barnwell, Alberta.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm