The Agricultural Services department is a team dedicated to providing residents with various information and services to protect and enhance agriculture and rural living within the Municipal District of Taber. Learn more about Agricultural Service Board (ASB).
Services offered include:
- Weed Control: Assisting residents with weed control issues by making recommendations based on resident needs.
- Pest Control: Working with residents to resolve control issues. Offering a range of information and services.
- Soil Conservation: Working with landowners to prevent erosion and soil degradation.
- Shelterbelts: Working with residents to establish shelterbelts around yards and fields.
- Bursaries: Assisting students to further their learning in the area of agriculture and the agri-food industry.
- Courses & Workshops: Providing residents with a number of learning opportunities related to the agriculture industry.
- Proudly Grown: Assisting farmers and producers in recognising the high-quality products grown in the MD of Taber.
- Rentals: Coordinating equipment rentals.
- Tree Spraying: Assisting residents with pests and diseases that negatively affect the health and appearance of trees.
- Awards: Arranging the nomination and awarding process for a yearly farm family award.
- Cemeteries: Maintaining the appearance of our cemeteries.
- Parks & Campgrounds: Maintaining the appearance of our parks and campgrounds.
- Roadside Vegetation Control: maintaining rural ditches and municipal right-of-ways to improve visibility and ensure safe road travel
Closed for Statutory Holidays.
Director of Agricultural Services
Assistant Agricultural Fieldman