Fire permit holders may burn the following items:
- Paper products
- Untreated wood (wood or wood products that do not contain preservatives)
- Yard waste (grass/tree clippings, leaves, branches, fallen trees, brush, weeds, etc.)
- Straw and stubble
These items cannot be burned, even with a fire permit:
- Wood or wood products that contain preservatives
- Non-wooden material
- Waste material from construction sites (untreated wood is permitted)
- Plastics (including chemical or pesticide containers, silage plastic, grain bags, and baler twine. However, these items can be recycled at our collection site locations.)
- Rubber (including tires)
- Animal manure or cadavers
- Pathological waste
- Combustible material in automobile bodies
If you need clarification on what materials you can and cannot burn, please call Administration at 403-223-3541.
If you burn prohibited debris, you may be fined under MD of Taber’s Fire Services Bylaw No. 1956.