About the Park
The Taber Municipal Park and Campground has something for everyone. With large, shady pull-through or back-in sites, grassy tent areas, clean bathrooms, free firewood, sand-volleyball, horseshoe pits, a playground, and baseball diamond – there's lots to do on the 60-acre property. Relax and enjoy the tranquil setting along the Oldman River while paddling, fishing, or swimming along the shore, or take time to enjoy a nature hike along the coulees. Book your overnight stay, group outings, family reunions, weddings, and more. This park is the perfect place to bring families, friends, or just yourself to get away and enjoy the outdoors!
COMING THIS SPRING
Our New Online Booking & Payment System
Roughing it has never been easier. Introducing our new easy-to-use online booking and payment system with CampSpot. Plan for your next visit and book online with confidence. To allow more time to consider the latest COVID-19 measures and to help reduce the need for cancellations, bookings for the 2021 camping season will open in the spring.
Contact Information & Fees
Hours of Operation
Camping - Nightly Rates
Located 4 kilometres north of Taber on Highway 864
- Campsites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All fees are paid in full within 30 minutes of arrival. If the office is closed, please use the self-registration booth located on the left side of the compound gate.
- A campsite is deemed rented when occupied with a camper, tent, or vehicle. Not with chairs, cooler, or tarps.
- Campground checkout time is 2:00 pm.
Equipment Permitted on a Campsite
- The maximum number of motor vehicles, tents, recreational vehicles, and trailers permitted on a campsite is three. Only two of these may be used as sleeping quarters. EXCEPTION: When two tents are used as sleeping quarters, two motor vehicles may be permitted, but will be charged as two accommodation units. The camping fee applies to each accommodation unit on a campsite. EXCEPTION: If the second accommodation unit is a tent and there is only one motor vehicle registered to the site, there is no additional charge for the tent.
- Please stay off grass with trailers, recreational vehicles, and motor vehicles. Only tents are allowed on grass areas.
- We are not a full-service campground, but we do offer drinkable water, free firewood, a dump station, pit toilets, and free showers.
- Camp hosts are located on campsite #1 and can help with any questions or problems.
Be a Good Neighbour
- Quiet hours are 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Avoid excessive noise so that everyone can enjoy the peace and tranquility of our park.
- We have two group areas that are available by reservation.
- Group area fees are $160 per day from 12:00 pm (noon) to 11:00 am the following day.
- Camp kitchen, free firewood, drinkable water, pit toilets, and plugins are available in both group areas.
- For group area reservations, contact the MD Administration office at 403-223-3541.
- Available for public use from 7:00 am until 11:00 pm only.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed in the day-use area.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on a leash at all times.
- Please pick-up after your pets.
- Pig roasts are not permitted in the park.